The UCI MTB World Series kicked off in Europe last weekend in Nové Město giving the home spectators first taste of the new live rider data and camera set-up providing the race coverage this year. The World Series is now broadcasted live by GCN+, with Discovery+ and Eurosport’s platforms and channels providing more ways to engage with the sport than ever before - and here is all you need to know about where and when to tune in.
This year’s MTB World Series is not only a spectacle in the level of coverage, provided by Warner Bros after Redbull's years-long dominance, but the series also unifies all six mountain bike disciplines into one calendar. At Nové Město na Moravě alone, we saw over 139 hours of coverage from the tracks where the best cross-country Olympic (XCO), Cross-Country Short Track and Cross-Country Marathon riders were battling for victory.
This year, the race footage is captured with over 20 cameras, accompanied by state-of-the-art FPV (First Person View) drones at each event venue, ensuring fans don’t miss any of the major moments during each adrenaline-filled race. For the first time, biometric rider data is also available for viewers as part of the event's partnership with wearable fitness band WHOOP.
Pauline Ferrand Prevot performs at UCI XCO World Cup in Nove Mesto na Morave, Czech Republic on May 14, 2023, by Redull
“The new revolution in mountain biking is finally upon us and we can't wait to showcase the adrenaline and skill of these athletes to fans, and those soon-to-become fans, of this supercharged sport. By screening more live events than ever before, including all elite, under 23 and junior races, coupled with extensive race highlights across our channels and streaming platforms, it opens up the sport for even greater exposure and engagement between the fans and athletes.
"We’re confident we can combine this with our global scale to increase the profile of mountain biking and the stars of the MTB to a whole new audience,” Scott Young, SVP of Content and Production at Warner Bros. Discovery Sports, said.
The World Cup coverage also extends beyond the race weekends, and you can watch content such as race highlights, pre-and post-race analysis and bike checks on GCN+, Discovery+ and Eurosport’s platforms in addition to the UCI Mountain Bike World Series and GMBN Racing YouTube channels.
Here is the full calendar of the UCI MTB World Series:
- 11– 14 May: Nové Město na Moravě, Czech Republic (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Cross-country Marathon)
- 2 – 4 June: Finale Outdoor Region, Italy (Cross-country Marathon, Enduro, E-Enduro)
- 8 – 11 June: Lenzerheide, Switzerland (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Downhill)
- 15 – 18 June: Leogang SalzburgerLand, Austria (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Downhill, Enduro )
- 24 June – 25 June: Val di Vassa Trentino, Italy (Enduro, E-Enduro)
- 30 June – 2 July: Val di Sole Trentino, Italy (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Downhill)
- 24 - 27 August: Pal Arinsal, Andorra (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Downhill)
- 1 - 3 September: Loudenvielle, France (Downhill, Enduro, E-Enduro)
- 7 - 17 September: Haute Savoie, France (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Cross-country Marathon, Downhill, Enduro, E-Enduro)
- 27 September – 1 October: Snowshow, USA (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Cross-country Marathon, Downhill)
- 5 - 8 October: Mont-St-Anne, Canada (Cross-country Olympic, Cross-country Short Track, Downhill)
You might also like: