Chain Reactions Cycles brand, Brand X has just launched a new Ascend 200mm dropper post, plus they have shortened the overall lengths of all droppers across the range, making them more suitable for bikes with shorter insertion depths.
The new addition to the lineup, the 200mm post, joins the already long, 170mm option, plus the 150mm and 125mm models. Brand x says the 200mm option isn’t just a longer version of what’s come before though, it marks a change to the entire Ascend line up. For 2020 Ascend and Ascend XL posts all see the following updates.
- Shaft diameter increased to Ø26mm. Improves stability and reduces flex, particularly important on the longer options now available.
- Collar height reduced to 27mm, reducing overall stack height and opening up longer drop options for riders of small frame sizes.
- Additional DU bushing in the mid cap, and internal brass keys upgraded to smaller, lighter pins further improving performance and reliability.
- Overall post lengths reduced, and weight saved on shorter models. (Example – Old 150mm post was 480mm long at 610g. New 150mm post is 459mm long at 605g)
Current line up
- Ascend and Ascend XL - 30.9 or 31.6mm seat post diameter
Internal routing for 125/150/170/200mm travel
External routing for 125/150/170mm travel.
- Ascend CX - 27.2mm seatpost diameter
Internal routing for 85 and 105mm travel
External routing for 105mm travel.
The posts are already in shops, with prices starting at £140 for the shorter versions and £170 for the 170mm and 200mm posts. You can find out more info here:
You might also like: