off.road.cc's best bikes of 2018 - Bike of the Year
The off-road.cc awards conclude with our overall 'Bike of the Year'! This is quite simply the best bike of the six bike we have previously named a category winner, whether it's a gravel machine or a mountain bike. So without further ado, our Bike of the Year is the Boardman MTR 8.9 and here's why....
- off-road.cc's Best Bike Awards - Best Buy Gravel Bike
- off-road.cc's Best Bike Awards - Benchmark Gravel Bike
- off-road.cc's Best Bike Awards - Best Buy Mountain Bike
We can safely say the Boardman is the best due to its great performance and good value for money. With this bike you don't just get a cheap bike, you get a proper bang for your buck and a shed load of trail prowess too. It's a bike that we reckon, should you drop the dollar on buying one, will last you a lifetime and will be easily upgradable when and if the time comes. That said, this bike is good to go, out of the shop (or should we say box?) and we'd be more than happy to have one in our stable.
The Boardman MTR 8.9 also won our Moutain Bike of the Year award and was the Best Buy winner in the mountain bike category.
- Boardman MTR 8.9 Best Buy Mountain Bike winner
- Mountain bike of the year - Boardman MTR 8.9
- Full review of the Boardman MTR 8.9
You might also like:
- The best mountain bikes for under £600 - our top picks
- The best mountain bikes you can buy for under £1,500 - full sus and hardtails
- off.road.cc's best bikes of 2018 - Benchmark Mountain Bike