We're hiring! Talk to us before the 19th April if you are interested in applying....
If you’re like us and you prefer your riding on the dirtier, muddier, and grittier side of things and you’re a dab hand at writing and organising people and kit; we might just have the job for you. My job, editor of off.road.cc
I’m leaving to focus on my own business (coffee roasting) and so we’re looking for someone to step into my muddy shoes. I’ll still be part of the site, popping up on our youtube channel and reviewing the odd bike here and there, and happy to give my successor any advice they might need, but mostly I’ll be roasting beans.
Here’s what any aspiring off.road.cc editors need to know. off.road.cc is coming up to its 4th birthday and has been growing strongly year on year doubling its audience over the last 12 months and so we’re now looking for someone to take the reins and continue to grow the website to the next level.
Our aim is to deliver content to eager readers, both new and existing, at the more affordable end of the market rather than the stratospheric end, although from time to time we like to indulge in a bit of dreaming, who doesn’t.
So if you like taking ownership of a project, you like a varied workload, you love testing bikes and hanging out in the woods in front of a camera and you’re excellent at admin you'll fit right in to our small (but growing) team.
What’s on offer
- Working with a great team on a fast growing website
- Excellent working environment
- Competitive salary
Based in Bath (and/or your home office)
You will be…
- An off-road cyclist
- An experienced online journalist, ideally to editor level. Being a cycling journalist is an advantage but not a requirement.
- A good communicator, demonstrating a willingness to engage with site users and the site team.
- Experienced in interpreting Google Analytics data, and ideally other online audience measuring formats.
- Well versed in the fundamentals of SEO.
- Familiar with, and a regular user of, the main social media channels – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Alive to digital media trends and potential emerging platforms and channels.
- Commercially minded, with an openness to new commercial possibilities.
You will have…
- Strong online editorial skills and experience
- Good people managing skills
- The ability to communicate well with your team, your readers, and the management
- A good working knowledge of SEO
A track record
A bike (n+1)
- A background in cycling journalism would be useful, but if you’re the right candidate it won’t be essential.
To apply send in your application and current CV to email@example.com by Monday 19th April.