Privateer Bikes has added a dirt jump bike to its fleet of budget-friendly bikes. Inspired by the need to extend play and make time for lunch break laps, the DJ101 was born.
Following the ethos of the other Privateer bikes, the DJ101 comes with what the brand says is a 'confidence-inspiring geometry and a no-nonsense build kit.' What this translates to is a good-value dirt jump bike that's ready to ride straight from the box.
The frame is made from custom hydroformed 6061-T6 aluminium, something the brand says offers a great mix of high strength and durability but helps to keep the weight down. The DJ101 is dubbed as an all-rounder, great for a mix of abilities. It's also available as a full bike or frameset only, allowing you to customise to your specifications.
In terms of spec, Privateer has gone with 100mm Manitou Circus Expert forks up front, these come with a degree of adjustability thanks to the air spring and ABS damper. For the wheels and tyres, there's a pair of Privateer 26" dirt jump wheels with Vee XCV dirt jump tyres. And for the brakes, there's a pair of Clarks M2 dual-piston hydraulic brakes. The DJ101 is finished with a custom bar, stem and saddle from Privateer.
- Frame: 6061-T6 custom hydroformed tubeset
- Headset: FSA ZS44/ZS56 sealed cartridge bearings
- Fork: Manitou Circus Expert, 100mm
- Bar: Custom Privateer 750mm wide, 31.8mm, 40mm rise.
- Stem: Custom Privateer 40mm • Grips: Velo Kraton grips
- Seatpost: Custom Privateer 300mm, 30.9mm
- Saddle: Custom Privateer DDK
- Brakes: Clarks C2 dual piston hydraulic brakes
- Wheels: Custom Privateer 26in dirt jump wheels, 14t cassette
- Tyres: Vee Tire Co. XCV Dirt Jump 26" x 2.25"
When it comes down to numbers, the DJ101 has a 410mm reach, 69.5-degree head tube angle and 446mm chainstay length. It also has adjustable dropouts that offer 10mm of adjustment. The DJ101 can be run as a single speed or with gears. It also comes with a standard tapered head tube, gyro tab mounts and a threaded bottom bracket.
The Privateer DJ101 is available to pre-order now for £999 for the full bike, and from £299 for the frameset.
You might also like: