Identiti AKA hardtail is available to buy now - progressive, British trail bike for winter shredding
We first saw the Identiti Bikes AKA at the Core Bike Show earlier this year and have been eagerly awaiting its release ever since. The brand has just announced that the aggressive trail hardtail is now available to buy, both as a frame only and as a full build mountain bike.
The lairy hardtail is a particularly British obsession and Identiti has followed up the Mettle full-suspension machine with this, the alloy framed AKA. The bike runs a 140mm fork, it has decidedly 'new-school' geometry with a 64.5º head angle and a 450mm reach on a medium bike.
There is clearance for up to 2.6" rubber on 27.5" rims and there is also adjustable dropouts to allow you to run the bike singlespeed. Identiti say the new second generation AKA "is packed with class leading features and more versatile than a Swiss army knife."
You can build the same frame with either 27.5’’ with a 140mm fork or as a 29’er with a 120mm fork, a feature that is made achievable with the Adjustable Drop Out System or ADS for short. With 148mm spacing, you can run it geared or singlespeed and fit a 2.6’’ tyre with 27.5 and 2.35’’ tyre with 29’s. The brake caliper is attached to the drop out inner plate meaning the pads are always in-line with the rotor face regardless of how much you move the wheel.
There is ISCG 05 tabs for a chain guide, three pairs of bottle boss mounts in the front triangle with an additional set under the downtube.
There are three complete builds available, the R, RC and RCX available in 2 different colourways (red or blue). All are available to be purchased with 27.5’’ or 29’’ wheels, and all models feature tubeless ready tyres, 150mm dropper posts and 1x drivetrains.
Identiti AKA R
- RockShox Recon fork, SRAM NX 11-speed, Halo Ridgeline 27.5 or Halo Vapour 35 29, Schwalbe Nobby Nic Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35", SRAM Level brakes and KS e30i 150mm dropper post.
- 27.5-inch - £1,699.99
- 29-inch - £1,799.99
Identiti AKA RC
- RockShox Revelation RC fork, SRAM NX Eagle, Halo Vapour 35, Schwalbe Nobby Nic Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35", SRAM Level brakes and KS e30i 150mm dropper post.
- 27.5-inch and 29-inch - £2,199.99
Identiti AKA RCX
- MRP Ribbon fork, Shimano XT M8000 11-speed, Halo Vapour 35, Schwalbe Nobby Nic Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35" tyres, Shimano MT-520 brakes and KS e30i 150mm.
- 27.5-inch and 29-inch - £2,499.99
For more info visit - www.identitibikes.com
You might also like:
- The best waterproof mountain bike jackets - tried and tested
- Bird Cycleworks Zero AM Boost hardtail frame
- Review - Bianchi Nitron 9.4 XC bike