This competition is now closed and we can now announce the winner!
Congratulations to: Aaron Milne
A representative from Trek UK will be in contact with you shortly to sort out your prizes.
Many thanks to everybody else who entered, better luck next time.
It's competition time again and this week we've teamed up with our good friends at Trek UK for a fantastic prize worth over £500. Trek is one of the most recognised bicycle brands on the planet and, as well as making some of the coolest-looking bikes available on sale today, designs and manufactures its own line of parts and accessories under the Bontrager moniker.
Bontrager, initially a separate super-cool steel frame, rim and parts brand, has been part of Trek since 1995 and produces upgrade and replacement kit from entry-level to full-on Trek Factory Racing kit for some of the greatest mountain bike riders on the planet with multiple World Champions and an Olympic Champion on their books. With a "rider-first no compromise mentality" Bontrager parts are designed to improve your performance on every ride, be that Gravel, Cross-Country, Enduro or Downhill.
This week Trek UK is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a Blaze Wavecell helmet, a pair of Flatline mountain bike shoes, and a set of daytime running lights visible from up to 2km away so you'll be safe whenever you're out.
Bontrager Blaze WaveCel Mountain Bike Helmet £219.99
Bontrager Flatline Mountain Bike Shoes £139.99
Bontrager Ion Pro RT/Flare RT Light Set £159.99
Total Value £519.97
Let us take a closer look at each of these prizes
The Blaze WaveCel sits right at the top of the Bontrager helmet line up offering the best performance and protection available regardless of your choice of trail. The Blaze helmet uses Trek's proprietary WaveCel safety technology which looks quite unlike any other on the market.
Let's hear from Trek about WaveCell
"A collapsible cellular structure lines the inside of your helmet and is designed to work like a crumple zone to absorb the force of an impact before it reaches your head... It's designed to be more effective than traditional foam helmets in protecting against certain cycling-related injuries"
That's good to know when you're out in the woods and so is the fact that it scored a maximum 5-star award from the independent testing body, Virginia Tech, which specializes in helmet testing across many sports.
- The Boa® Fit System lets you easily secure and adjust helmet fit with just one hand
- Fidlock magnetic buckle fastens effortlessly for a quick, secure fit
- The front Blendr mount system easily integrates GoPro camera and Bontrager light accessories
- Additional NoSweat pad with silicone channel keeps sweat out of eyes for constant clarity
- Drop-in coverage on the back of the helmet offers extended protection
- The Crash Replacement Guarantee provides a free helmet replacement if involved in a crash within the first year of ownership
These Flatline Mountain Bike shoes from Bontrager are designed for maximum grip from their Vibram rubber sole whilst offering the ultimate protection for trail riders with a reinforced toebox, EVA midsole, and high-quality construction.
When we reviewed the Flatline Mountain Bike Shoes we found them to be well made and very comfy with an excellent sole offering a great blend of feel and support for the rider.
- inForm Performance is our roomiest, most relaxed fit for comfort on-and-off the bike
- A grippy, Vibram rubber outsole provides an optimised shoe-to-pedal interface
- A uniform tread pattern offers consistent, predictable interaction between pedal and outsole
- Directional tread at the toe and heel gives off-bike scrambling traction, uphill or down
- Durable synthetic uppers are perforated for breathability and hold up to the demands of all off-road riding
- Reinforced toe box protects against abrasion and shields trail debris
- The shock-absorbing EVA mid-sole dissipates forces from impacts
- Laces provide ultimate fit control, and the integrated lace keeper securely holds them tight to the shoe for pedaling
Trek was an early advocate of daytime running lights for increased safety and the Ion Pro RT/Flare RT light set is the ultimate combination from Bontrager with not only a powerful front full-width trail light with 1300 lumens but a rear light which visible from up to 2km away in daylight! Both can be connected to your Garmin for easy battery level display and the Ion Pro RT can be mounted to the Blaze helmet via the Blendr helmet mount. The Flare RT features a neat light sensor that auto-adjusts to suit light levels wherever you are riding so no need to worry about what setting you left it on.
All you have to do to win all of these amazing Trek prizes is to enter this competition and fill out the entry form below.
Sorry, this competition is open to residents of the UK only.
Best of Luck.