The off-road.cc editorial team is expanding and we need someone to join the ranks as a full-time staff writer! So if you're passionate about bikes, love writing and fancy working in a dedicated and creative team, then read on for all the details and how you can apply. Hurry though because applications close February 14th, 2022.
The ideal candidate could be a journalist already with a passion for riding bikes or a recent graduate looking for their first full-time job in the realms of trail riding and adventure biking. There's a wide variety of content to sink your teeth into, with plenty of room to develop your ideas for features and series. One day you may find yourself testing and reviewing the latest bikes and apparel, and the next, delivering essential guides to help fellow riders out of a tech-pickle or even presenting video content for our YouTube channel. After all, variety is the spice of life!
As a staff writer, you'll assist in managing our social media channels, be on the hunt for news-worthy stories and contribute to weekly content catch-ups where new ideas are developed. Familiarity with mountain and gravel bike culture is essential, which means riding regularly and being aware of off-road nuances.
The successful candidate will work closely with the off-road.cc editorial team, and be expected to visit the Bath office once a week for a team day.
For more details on what an ideal candidate looks like, read on...
- Researching and producing news content.
- Testing and reviewing bikes and products.
- Research and write new content for off.road.cc as directed.
- Capture original photos for written content and social media.
- Maintain website, keeping a fresh turnover of content daily.
- Assist in scheduling content onto social channels.
- Re-direct content between main sites when applicable.
- Develop and contribute content ideas to grow off.road.cc.
- Script and present off.road.cc video content.
What's on offer
- Working with a creative and passionate team
- Competitive salary
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression
- We are based in Bath, but you don't have to be
The ideal candidate will…
- Ride mountain and/or gravel bikes (you don't need to be a racer or epic adventurist – you just need to ride your bike regularly and love it)
- Be a creative, dynamic and engaging writer
- A social media natural
- Be self-motivated
The ideal candidate will ideally have…
- Journalistic experience or degree qualification
- Good communication skills – you'll need to communicate well with the rest of the team, your readers, PR and marketing people, industry insiders and more
- The ability to work under pressure
- Great time-management skills
- Five days per week
- Flexible working hours, roughly 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, but some weekend work will be required
off.road.cc's parent company, F-at Digital, is based in Bath, where you'll be required to work 1-day a week (usually Tuesdays) for a team day. The rest of the week, you can work wherever your internet connection allows!
- Holiday entitlement: 23 days per annum + bank holidays.
- Sick pay scheme: 10 days paid sick leave.
- Bike loan scheme
Applications for this role have now closed.