LCP

Hi all

Julian

3 comments

Julian's picture
5 years 4 months ago

Jon Woodhouse wrote:

Cheers Jon 

I've actually just landed lucky with the forks a friend of mine has have me a brand set of RS Sektors (box fresh). And I'm looking at tubeless tires. 

Hiya Julian!

As a starting point, I reckon it's always best to look at tyres first - they're the most important contact point on the bike. I'd say that getting a tubeless ready set of tyres in a decent compound is a great starting point - we like Maxxis a lot as a whole but which model will depend on what you're doing. Budget about £80 for a pair of top-quality tyres at retail.

I'd follow that up with a wheel upgrade at a later point - something a touch wider and also tubeless ready will mean you can then convert the whole lot to tubeless and drop a big chunk of weight.

Next on the list would then be a fork - the nice thing about the Calibre is that the frame allows you to move to a tapered steerer, so there will be plenty of choice.

Hope that helps anyway!

Jon Woodhouse's picture
5 years 4 months ago

Hiya Julian!

As a starting point, I reckon it's always best to look at tyres first - they're the most important contact point on the bike. I'd say that getting a tubeless ready set of tyres in a decent compound is a great starting point - we like Maxxis a lot as a whole but which model will depend on what you're doing. Budget about £80 for a pair of top-quality tyres at retail.

I'd follow that up with a wheel upgrade at a later point - something a touch wider and also tubeless ready will mean you can then convert the whole lot to tubeless and drop a big chunk of weight.

Next on the list would then be a fork - the nice thing about the Calibre is that the frame allows you to move to a tapered steerer, so there will be plenty of choice.

Hope that helps anyway!

Julian's picture
5 years 4 months ago

Hi All

New to off.road Cc, hell last time I had a bike there was no internet. Just bought a Calbre two cubed as a get back into bikes thing. And it's amazing for the price.

But I'm wondering is it worth upgrading and if so what areas, PS I usually spend most time on the hills climbing and hiking. 

Add comment