LCP

Bontrager replacement

Hughscott

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice. After 24 years of riding an old skool Bontrager Hard tail. I'm coming to terms with the fact that someone stole my bike over the weekend and the chances of me getting it back are (according to Police Scotland)  next to zero. If anyone has ever ridden Bontragers there were exceptional hill climbers and very very manoverable, but wern't the sort of bike to launch off big jumps or go full bodyarmour downhill racing on.

The question for the forum is can anyone recommend a hardtail bike that would have similar qualities - climb like a mountain goat and weave through narrow paths. I'm more interested in 27.5" rather than 29" as I've spent so many years on 26".

Any suggestions hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Hugh

1 comments

3 years 9 months ago

I'm very happy with my Calibre Two Cubed. If your budget stretches - and you can find one - have a look at their Line 10 (http://calibrebicycles.com/bike/line-10/)

In finding my Two Cubed I noticed that stock at Go Outdoors/Millets/Blacks was changing multiple times per day and Calibre say they're getting stock out as quick as they can. Right now though there is so little supply of new bikes across all retailers, particularly if you're an M/L, that it's either a question of waiting and missing the summer or trawling eBay for a secondhand bargain. Even those are hard to come by and prices are very firm. Having said that I kept on finding potential bargains, the only problem being they were 300 miles away in Scotland so you might be in luck!

Add comment