Our time on Instagram is never wasted, one eagle eyed editor has brought us news of a new wheelset from Hope Technology, the RD40's - brand new carbon cyclocross and gravel rims.
There are two new carbon wheelsets available from Hope, both 700c and built with RS4 hub, one version using a straight pull 6 bolt 24 hole hub and the other with a RS4 straight pull Centre Lock 24 hole hub. Aside from this difference, the wheelsets are the same, here's the technical info:
- Rims are designed by Hope but the carbon is laid up elsewhere
- Wheels are assembled and built in the Hope factory.
- Just available as 700c at the moment
- Rim dimensions: 40mm deep, 26.5mm external width and 19mm internal width to suit larger volume road/cross tyres.
- Carbon Clincher rim, tubeless compatible
- Available with either a Shimano or Campag freehub body
- Strong monocoque, unidirectional carbon fibre construction rim
- Built using Sapim CX-Ray Aero black straight spokes and brass nipples.
- Supplied with QR and 12mm end caps for the front wheel and rear wheel comes with QR and 142x12 end caps as standard.
- You can get whichever colour Hope hub you want.....
- Can be adapted to suit different frame and fork fitting using Hope conversion kits available separately.
So far we can only see a claimed weight for the 6 bolt hub - 617g for the front wheel and 740g for the rear, adding up to grand total of 1,357g.
Price wise, expect to part with £590 for a front wheel and £660 for the rear.
Check out www.hopetech.com for more details.
Hope RD40 Carbon RS4 Pull 6 Bolt