LCP

Which bike on Halfords bike 2 work scheme

Izaak30

3 comments

5 years 8 months ago

Apologies but only just seen your response. Was thinking Rosco for fun. However I'm now thinking wheels particularly the mavic Ustaritz CX bike. May just have to find the correct tyre to go with that wheel

Jon Woodhouse's picture
5 years 9 months ago

Hiya John! I might be biased being a mountain biker at heart, but I'd opt for the mountain bike - I've not ridden the Forme, but the fat Plus tyres on the Roscoe definitely give it an edge in comfort and traction over skinnier rubber rivals. I tested the Roscoe 9 a while back and I really liked it - great manners and decent value from a big brand.

I'm not sure how it would sit with cycle to work, but the Calibre Bossnut is a cracking bike for a grand and it gets you suspension at both ends, which is a bonus if you want a bit more capability though a slightly less shiny spec. Rach tested the women's version (which is the same but for some slight tweaks) a while back and loved it.

Hope this helps a bit anyway...

5 years 9 months ago

Apologies but I guess it would help if I posted something in here! 

Im stuck between upgrading my wheels on my CX bike or getting a mtb. My choice for bikes is Trek Roscoe 8 or a Forme Ripley. What would you suggest?

Add comment