LCP

What was your first bike?

HJones5

What was your first bike ever? I started out in my adult life on a Giant Trance - straight in with full suspension, although I've dabbled with hardtails since to improve my riding! 
Would be good to know where everyone else started!

8 comments

3 years 9 months ago

Raleigh Grifter Mk2 in red. Brilliant bike for everything, more versatile than a BMX. Lasted me until I was 15 and bought a ten-speed "racer" out of the back of the Daily Mirror. Rather fetching faux-titanium finish complete with Weimann suicide levers. Once that got nicked when I was 17 I left cycling pretty much behind until my early 40s. Have gone through the road-CX-gravel drop-bar journey and just bought my first "proper" MTB - Calibre Two Cubed. Loving it.

5 years 4 months ago

I had a 2nd hand bmx first to learn on, but my first proper bike if you can call it such a thing was a Raleigh Michigan, an ATB i.e terrible on road, unridable off road. But it got me in to cycling so there we go!
Re photo - I think I used it with the pannier bags twice, once for a wild camp above Nant Gwynant, the other time in a campsite with a friend on our first bikepack trip. Ive learnt a lot since then.

ellisblackman's picture
5 years 10 months ago

*was a red bike. blush

ellisblackman's picture
5 years 10 months ago

My first proper MTB was a GT Avalanche 3.0 
My FIRST bike has a red bike with yellow stabilisers.

Since then I've had loads of bikes, massive fan of a rigid singlespeed though. 

5 years 12 months ago

First bike was a hand-me-down purple something with very painful grips I seem to remember. My first real bike was Peugeot road bike and the first mountain bike was a Kona Cinder Cone - 1989 version with self-energiser brakes and fatter front tyre than rear. 

6 years 50 min ago

Bike I has as a kid - don't remember. It was white. Late starter - A Whyte T130 and I love it!

Jon Woodhouse's picture
6 years 19 hours ago

My first true love was a blue tractor tricycle. I rode it until the plastic wheels wore out.

Back onto actual bikes and it was a tiny kid's version of the Raleigh Burner, complete with foam tube pads - which came in very useful as it happened...

Rachael Wight's picture
6 years 23 hours ago

When I was very young I remember getting a bright red child bike with stabilisers and a red Robin on it! Later in life, I properly started out on a GT Avalanche and then a Giant Anthem. Good times....... 26 was well and truly alive!

Add comment