LCP

Best first full suss mountain bike?

Loamlife

I'm ready to move on from my hardtail - what's the best full susser I can buy? I don't want to spend over 2K and ideally, I'd like a good all-rounder trail bike. Hit me, the money is burning a hole in my pocket....

4 comments

5 years 11 months ago

Ive just bought the Jamis Dakar A1. I love it. Recon RL forks, Monarch RL shock, RaceFace cranks and SRAM 1x11. And a dropper! 1350 from Evans. I changed tyres to my preferred and have ridden round the Chase a few times now and I’m really enjoying it.

Rachael Wight's picture
5 years 11 months ago

The MTR 8.9 we have here has Rev RC's on it which are the 35mm stanchion jobbies - Pike lowers but with Motion control damper rather than Charger 2. 
The new MTR does look to have better geo too - it's slacker with shorter seat tubes - will wait to hear Jon's verdict!

5 years 11 months ago

Jon Woodhouse wrote:

You're lucky, because there's bloody loads of them about at the moment. We've currently got the new Boardman MTR 8.9 in for test - it's £1600 and initial rides are promising.

We've also got the Calibre Bossnut in for a grand and we've a few Canyons lined up to. Sorry that doesn't answer the question, but we'll be able to help you out soon Wink

The old FSpro is only £1350. Its 2kg lighter with a pike out front. A steal at that price.

Jon Woodhouse's picture
5 years 11 months ago

You're lucky, because there's bloody loads of them about at the moment. We've currently got the new Boardman MTR 8.9 in for test - it's £1600 and initial rides are promising.

We've also got the Calibre Bossnut in for a grand and we've a few Canyons lined up to. Sorry that doesn't answer the question, but we'll be able to help you out soon Wink

Add comment